Building community capacity through the strengths of people.
The 40 Developmental Assets?
What is Social Capital?
to Build Social Capital
CAN’s objectives are to:
- Collaborate with network community-based groups that have programs and goals to create healthy, vibrant and successful communities.
- Foster education and training among communities through CAN’s interactive network.
- Give grants to communities for asset-based planning and initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance to communities through networking Connecticut’s assets.
- Develop and disseminate communications that articulate CAN goals and community successes.
- Develop learning communities throughout Connecticut for community sharing and connection.
- Advocate for asset-based community planning.
- Develop a Board of Directors that is representative of the communities we plan to serve and who serve as ambassadors to those communities.
- Enhance the ability of grassroots efforts to track outcomes of community asset development projects, to promote more citizen engagement and healthier communities.